- Application forms must be fully completed
- Emergency contact numbers, home and UK addresses must be current and obtainable. It is the student's responsibility to inform the College of any changes to these
Payment is required under the following terms:
- A non-refundable £80 registration fee is payable by students who do NOT require a visa.
- Students requiring a Letter of Sponsorship (for their visa) from the
College should pay a non-refundable £80 registration fee and £50 Visa Fee.
They should also pay at least half their tuition and accommodation fees (if
applicable) when booking. For courses of less than 6 months, full fees are
payable in advance.
- The balance of tuition fees and accommodation fees (if applicable), should be paid
at least two weeks in advance of commencement of the course.
- An additional 3.5% charge is payable for payments by credit card
- Tuition fees do not include books, external exam fees and some social programme activities
Cancellations & Refunds
Refunds for cancellations by students will only be issued if written notice is given to the College at least two weeks prior to original course commencement date and in the following circumstances:
- Visa rejection. The Embassy Letter of Refusal must be sent to the College to apply for the refund. Please allow up to 8 weeks for processing visa refunds. The registration fee is NOT refundable.
- Severe illness - upon production of a valid doctor's certificate.
- Exceptional personal circumstances at the discretion of the College Principal.
- The College will retain £200 for processing refunds and all bank charges must be paid by the student. In all cases contact the College at the earliest opportunity as we may be able to help in other ways such as deferred start dates.
- Refund requests will not be accepted more than 3 months after payment has been received by the College.
- If you miss a class you will not get a refund.
- If you miss a class you cannot carry the class forward to a future date.
- In the case of private lessons, if you need to change the time of a class
or cancel a class for any reason, you must give 48 hours notice or we will
charge you the full amount.
- Attendance: Students having been granted a student visa must report to College on the due date and then attend at least 15 hours tuition per week, be punctual, show effort by completing homework and classwork tasks on time and make satisfactory progress. Students failing to comply with Visa Regulations will be expelled and reported to the UK Border Agency.
In the event of breach of immigration rules and expulsion no certificate will be awarded.
- Accommodation is arranged by the College. A non-refundable £50 finding
- Cancellation policy: At least 2 weeks advance notice must given to cancel accommodation either prior to arrival or when in residence. If less than 2 weeks notice is given then you will be liable for paying up to 2 weeks of the accommodation fees.
- Students are expected to abide by the Rules and Regulations Governing Homestay Accommodation. A copy of these will be given to the student on arrival.
Purley Language College Policies
Purley Language College Student Handbook
- The College accepts no responsibility for loss of property either within or outside
the establishment. Students are advised to purchase insurance, including medical
insurance, to cover all eventualities before leaving their own country.
Students staying in Host Families should make sure that their insurance will cover
any accidental damage to the property or possessions of the family.
Feedback & Complaints
The College welcomes feedback. There are several channels for making feedback as follows:
- Online Evaluation Form - Start of Course - to be issued by the end of week 1
- Online Evaluation Form - End of Course - to be issued during final week
- General Comments - email email@example.com
- Online Lesson Feedback Form: www.purleycollege.co.uk/lessonfeedback
- Fill in our online complaints form
These forms can be handed in at Reception or anonymously via the suggestions box.
- The minimum student age is 8 years and children will not be put in a class with adults. The minimum age for adult classes is 16.
- The maximum class size is 15 students.
- In the case of misconduct, persistently breaking the College Rules, or criminal offence, the College reserves the right to discipline or expel any student. No refund of fees will be made in the case of an expulsion.
- The College Rules and disciplinary procedure are contained in the Student Handbook.
- Students should always read all notices displayed on the main notice board.
- Most courses are available to start any Monday that the College is open.
- The school closes for the final two weeks in December and the first week in January,
plus all UK bank holidays.
- No fee reduction is made for weeks containing a bank holiday.
- The College's social activities programme contains either free or low cost activities.
The number of organised social activities will vary according to the time of
year with more available in summer and fewer in winter. See the notice boards for
- On courses of every type the College will try to follow the agreed
programme but reserves the right to substitute entrances or activities with
same or similar-priced entrances or activities, for example when tickets
are sold out or for other reasons. The College also reserves the right to
change the sequence, timings and duration of the entrances, activities,
pickups/dropoffs, meetings or other events for logistical or other reasons,
for example weather conditions, transport issues or host family
- In all cases the decision of the Directors will be final and binding on all students
- The Student Handbook containing more about College policies is available on
- The College reserves the right to use photographs, videos, testimonials,
student work and other materials taken or produced during College
activities for marketing or other purposes